Mar del Plata

TOURS AND ACTIVITIES

Arquitectonics
Inmaculate Conception's Oratory

The Immaculate Conception’s Oratory from Saturnino Enrique Unzué’s Institute, is a part of the building donated by Mrs. María Unzué de Alvear and Concepción Unzué de Casares. The architect who guided the work was Louis Faure Dujarrir, from Vienesse School. The Oratory was inaugurated on March 5th 1912 and it is National Historic Monument from 1985.
Its pieces were made by italian architect Curzio Capponetti Esegui, from Vía Flaminia 246 in Rome.
The place is ornamented with realizations in marble of Abyssinia, of Carrara and of the Proconeso; its line is Byzantine of the gold century. The pulpit exhibits an international design first prize of 1910, granted in Seville, Spain.  

Monk's Tower

It is one of the symbols that represent the city’s image. It’s established over Punta Piedras, one of the Tandilia’s orographic system’s terminals. It is the only building constructed on the coast, with a great concrete platform that extends towards the sea.

Ortiz Basualdo Village

Constructed in 1909 by the Ortiz Basualdo family as a summer house, this village shows a palatial outside aspect, inhaled at Loire's castles. The exhibited furniture is the house’s original one, made in Belgium by the Serruriere Bovy firm, and it is mainly made in an art nouveau style. It has a reception, music and reading rooms, dining room, restroom, oratory, music box and elevator. It has an important collection of artists from Mar del Plata and the rest of the country.

Stela Maris Church

Inaugurated in 1910, besides its significant architectonic value, it keeps the transcendental value to have initiated in our country the cult to Stella Maris' Marian invocation, patroness of Argentine Navy. It belongs to neo gothic style.
Viamonte and Brown st. The present-day building was made in 1911, of neo-gothic eclectic style.  At the bigger altar's apse, enlarged in 1940, stands out a mural representing the sea stands out and an image of the Virgin Mary that seems to be hanging over it.

Tank Tower

Inaugurated in 1943, with a maximum height of 88.40 meters above sea level and a magnificent lookout, it was built at the topmost point of Stella Maris's hill; in order to provide with running water to bordering neighborhoods.

Tank Tower

Inaugurated in 1943, with a maximum height of 88.40 meters above sea level and a magnificent lookout, it was built at the topmost point of Stella Maris's hill; in order to provide with running water to bordering neighborhoods.

Los Tronco's Chalet

Constructed in 1938 in the “block house” stylistic school, its typical edification in wood gave rise to the surrounding neighbourhood’s name. In such a way, the trunks of the palisade and of the fence come from quebracho and lapacho from Salta. In like manner, the porous tiles were also made with Salta’s land and brought by train to the city.

Emilio Mitre Village

His construction dates from 1930 and all graphic, written or sonorous documentation relative to the history of the city is kept in good condition there. The library and the museum join together innumerable photographic reproductions from the beginning of the century, books and other elements of incalculable historic value.

Victoria Village

It is a prefabricated residence brought to the country from England in the first decade of the 20th century by Francisca Ocampo, great-aunt of the writer Victoria Ocampo. Relevant personalities of the culture world like Jorge Luis Borges, Gabriela Mistral and Igor Stravinsky paraded around it. In 1973 Victoria Ocampo donated her house to UNESCO and it became municipal patrimony in 1981.

Silvina Village

Adolfo Bioy Casares’s and Silvina Ocampo’s property, this private residence of French picturesqueness style was built in 1908. The city’s neighbourhood Divino Rostro (400 km. towards Buenos Aires southwest) is a summer emplacement far from the coast. It appeared in the tender age of the 20th century under the name of “Loma de Tiro a la Paloma”, but today it is named with the name of the chapel located at the topmost point of the hill. Along with Playa Grande's neighborhood, they form an area where precious mansions at big estates of one or more blocks have been risen up, like for example, Victoria's and Silvina Ocampo's Villages, Mitre Village, the Chalet Los Troncos and the Golf Club's principal building. The mansion’s walls thickness has to be distinguished because it has permitted the perfect conservation of its inside.

Villa Mitre - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Villa Mitre - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Iglesia Stella Maris - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Iglesia Stella Maris - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Torre Tanque - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Torre Tanque - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Torre Tanque - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Torreon del Monje - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Torreon del Monje - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Torreon del Monje - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Torreon del Monje - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Villa Ortiz Basualdo
 - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Villa Ortiz Basualdo - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Villa Ortiz Basualdo - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Villa Ortiz Basualdo - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Villa Victoria - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Villa Victoria - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Villa Victoria - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Archivo Museo Historico Municipal "Don Roberto T. Barili" - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Archivo Museo Historico Municipal "Don Roberto T. Barili" - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Archivo Museo Historico Municipal "Don Roberto T. Barili" - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Archivo Museo Historico Municipal "Don Roberto T. Barili" - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Villa Ortiz Basualdo - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Villa Ortiz Basualdo - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Oratorio Inmaculada Concepción "Unzue" - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Villa Mitre - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Villa Ortiz Basualdo - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Villa Victoria - Mar del Plata - Argentina
Location map Zoom Map
Useful data
Villa Victoria Ocampo

Tel.:
54 0223 492 0569

Horario: diariamente, de 10:00 a 13:00 y de 17:00 a 23:00 hs.